[Coco] Need some advice

Greg glaw at live.com
Sun May 22 11:30:26 EDT 2016

The issue here is that a lot of the library modules are grouped by
function type so if you include a call to open, you end up getting
access, creat, close, dup, open, and unlink. If you reference read or
write, you automatically get read, readln, write, and writeln. This
doesn't seem too bad on the surface, but it adds up fairly quickly.

This is one of the reasons I switched to Carl Kreider's library. Carl
moved most of these routines into their own library modules to
significantly reduce the overhead, optimized some of the library
routines, and added a lot of useful new stuff.