[Coco] Cartridge size limit?

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Wed May 4 15:12:19 EDT 2016

Well, it was right around 1979-80 when I paid $50 for the DRAM but I
suppose SRAM was even more precious at that time.  Prices were also very
volatile during that period. I can remember in the mid 80s a company
that I worked for bought a ramdisk card for a DEC PDP-11.  I think it
must have been maybe 128 or 256k and it was somewhere around $900 I
think.  The instructions that came with it required us to type in a
bunch of octal codes into a monitor/debugger with a serial terminal to
patch the OS so the ramdisk would be recognized. I have no idea why that
couldn't have been put on an 8-inch floppy.

Dave