[Coco] Cartridge size limit?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed May 4 09:00:33 EDT 2016

On 4/05/2016 10:50 PM, Robert Gault wrote:

> and you require a much smaller ROM.

It might have made a difference back in the day, but now... ???

I had a discussion very recently with the guy who is porting Pentagram
(Knight Lore sequel) to the Atari 8-bit. I mentioned that I was
considering pre-flipping all the sprites as an optimisation on the Coco3
which would require an additional 16KB of RAM. His response was that it
was a "waste of memory". I thought it a funny comment to make, because
the memory is just sitting there empty if I don't use it! :)

Regards,