[Coco] Cartridge size limit?

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Wed May 4 01:40:59 EDT 2016

I watched your game on Steve's YouTube video.  Nice job!  I'll bet with
some optimization you could get that game down well below 16K although I
only saw a couple of the levels...

Now here's an interesting idea to think about:  You can buy a 32Mbit
(4MB x 8) flash chip for a few cents more than a dollar in single
quantities.  You'll need a little glue logic since it's 3.3v TTL and
your CoCo bus is 5v but I'll bet the parts cost not including the PCB
could be less than 5 bucks especially if you don't include the circuitry
to program the chip (read only).  The programming could either be done
before the chip is attached to the PCB or you could do it externally
with header/pads.

Dave