[Coco] Cartridge size limit?

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Tue May 3 15:12:34 EDT 2016

John is correct - 16K for Coco 1/2 (minus I/O space, of course), and 32K for the Coco 3 (minus I/O as well, and vector page RAM if your app requires it). Paks like Predator and Robocop that went past that added their own MMU-style hardware to support anything >32K, as there is only 32K of address space to use (everything past that must be bank switched).

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net

TRS-80 Color Computer Games website
http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html