[Coco] Question for Tormod

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Mar 26 20:13:40 EDT 2016

On Saturday 26 March 2016 19:25:33 Tormod Volden wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 9:58 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings;
> >
> > Williams comment re v4.12 of lwtools prompted me to refresh all of
> > it, but I see I still have a toolshed unix/docs build failure:
> >
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix/doc'
> > markdown ../../../doc/ToolShed.md > ToolShed.html
> > /bin/sh: 1: markdown: not found
> > make[1]: *** [ToolShed.html] Error 127
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix/doc'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > make: Leaving directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix'
> >
> > This linux wheezy, and I haven't a clue what markdown is. But it was
> > in the repos, so thats installed now.
>
> The toolshed documentation is now maintained in a .md (markdown)
> document, instead of being unmaintained in a Microsoft word document
>
> :)
>
> To generate an HTML file from this, the markdown filter (by John
> Gruber) is required, which you found out. Otherwise you can get the
> HTML from the web site.
>
> > But after a make clean;make in the build/unix directory I see
> > another error just above that one, which now fixed, perhaps 10 lines
> > up.
> >
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix/cocofuse'
> > cc -Dunix -DUNIX -O3 -I. -g -I../../../include -Wall
> > -DTOOLSHED_VERSION=\"2.1\" -I../../../include -Wall   -c -o
> > cocofuse.o ../../../cocofuse/cocofuse.c
> > ../../../cocofuse/cocofuse.c:31:18: fatal error: fuse.h: No such
> > file or directory
> > compilation terminated.
> > make[1]: *** [cocofuse.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix/cocofuse'
> >
> > However:
> > gene at coyote:/opt$ locate fuse.h
> > /usr/include/linux/fuse.h
> >
> > Is that the fuse.h its looking for?
> > ls -l /usr/include/linux/fuse.h
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16563 Mar 22 21:07 /usr/include/linux/fuse.h
>
> No, it is looking for /usr/include/fuse.h - on Debian part of the
> libfuse-dev package. It is needed for building user-space programs
> using FUSE.
>
> Your /usr/include/linux/fuse.h is part of the linux kernel headers and
> describes the kernel interface (for building kernel modules etc).
>
> The Makefile is instructed to ignore failure to build cocofuse, since
> this is only useful on Linux, and not part of the "core" toolshed
> tools.

Installed it, and fine tuned my script to do a sudo make install, since
the install as me was also failing.  We'll get it right, probably about
the time you change somethng else that breaks me.

Stuff happens. :)

> On Linux, cocofuse allows you to mount a OS9 or DECB disk image in
> your host* file system, so that you can use your normal host file
> browsers and OS tools to manipulate the disk images.
>
> Regards,
> Tormod

Thanks, I believe my web page is current (for a day maybe).  My OS9
machine is down as the contractors jackhammering in some wall
re-inforcements and a drainage ditch system against the walls in the
basement ($13,000 worth) did not cover the coco and I am going to have
to haul it all to the garage for a good dusting and cleaning with an air
hose.  It will take me months to get that mess cleaned up. I'll have to
start with the washer & dryer.  And since I need to see if I can fix the
dryer, it has one of the two heater coils burned off) I expect I'll have
to invent a skyhook to get it up on a table where my back will let me
work on it.  Not fun by any definition.

> *) When talking about cross-development and cross-compiling, I mean
> "host" as the computer where you run the tools (in your case the Linux
> computer) as opposed to the "target" computer where the resulting
> programs/images are actually run and used (the CoCo or Dragon).
>
> > At 16 kilobytes, I won't abuse the list with a copy of it here.
> > Makefile path typu maybe?
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)