[Coco] Question for Tormod

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 19:25:33 EDT 2016

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 9:58 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> Williams comment re v4.12 of lwtools prompted me to refresh all of it,
> but I see I still have a toolshed unix/docs build failure:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix/doc'
> markdown ../../../doc/ToolShed.md > ToolShed.html
> /bin/sh: 1: markdown: not found
> make[1]: *** [ToolShed.html] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix/doc'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> make: Leaving directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix'
>
> This linux wheezy, and I haven't a clue what markdown is. But it was in
> the repos, so thats installed now.

The toolshed documentation is now maintained in a .md (markdown)
document, instead of being unmaintained in a Microsoft word document
:)
To generate an HTML file from this, the markdown filter (by John
Gruber) is required, which you found out. Otherwise you can get the
HTML from the web site.

> But after a make clean;make in the build/unix directory I see another
> error just above that one, which now fixed, perhaps 10 lines up.
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix/cocofuse'
> cc -Dunix -DUNIX -O3 -I. -g -I../../../include -Wall -DTOOLSHED_VERSION=\"2.1\" -I../../../include -Wall   -c -o
> cocofuse.o ../../../cocofuse/cocofuse.c
> ../../../cocofuse/cocofuse.c:31:18: fatal error: fuse.h: No such file or
> directory
> compilation terminated.
> make[1]: *** [cocofuse.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/toolshed/build/unix/cocofuse'
>
> However:
> gene at coyote:/opt$ locate fuse.h
> /usr/include/linux/fuse.h
>
> Is that the fuse.h its looking for?
> ls -l /usr/include/linux/fuse.h
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16563 Mar 22 21:07 /usr/include/linux/fuse.h

No, it is looking for /usr/include/fuse.h - on Debian part of the
libfuse-dev package. It is needed for building user-space programs
using FUSE.

Your /usr/include/linux/fuse.h is part of the linux kernel headers and
describes the kernel interface (for building kernel modules etc).

The Makefile is instructed to ignore failure to build cocofuse, since
this is only useful on Linux, and not part of the "core" toolshed
tools.

On Linux, cocofuse allows you to mount a OS9 or DECB disk image in
your host* file system, so that you can use your normal host file
browsers and OS tools to manipulate the disk images.

Regards,
Tormod

*) When talking about cross-development and cross-compiling, I mean
"host" as the computer where you run the tools (in your case the Linux
computer) as opposed to the "target" computer where the resulting
programs/images are actually run and used (the CoCo or Dragon).