[Coco] SHF

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jun 14 22:40:03 EDT 2016

Begin Rant (last one, I promise):

First of all, I have nothing to do with Stephen. He has been blocked entirely from my email for about 2 or 3 years (deleted automatically upon receiving) and the only portions of his posts I see are when they are echoed in someone else's response.

Now that you replied Barry (sorry to see you get into this), I see Stephen's response and laugh as it is just what I expected him to post. Very typical.

As for VCC being open source, yes, the code is open source... But the GitHub VCCE project IS NOT and I and one other have administrative accounts and can control what is done within that project. And Stephen will NEVER post one line of code there if I have anything to do with it. Unless he can prove to me he can actually still write code instead of talk about how he used to write code.

As for any posts on tandycoco.com, I have NEVER deleted any posts of his or anyone else's nor have I ever engaged in any conversation with him there or anywhere else about his posts there. In fact, from the moment Brian gave me administrative privileges up until recently, I was unable to even access my administrator's account due to to some fluke in my browser settings (a fact which has even been documented in the "announcements" section as Brian was trying to help me fix it by changing things in the forum). Recently installing Windows 7 and then 10 solved that (like 3 months ago). The 2nd fact being I don't even log into tandycoco.com but about once a month to see if there are any new messages (his are years old and I read them long ago), read the new ones, then log out. I have personally only posted a few posts there which involved my own software developement and had nothing to do with Stephen's posts.

As for Stephen himself, I do not dislike Stephen, in fact I have a lot of respect for him, but I do dislike his posts as (for the most part) they are usually detrimental to anything and everything being said by anyone else and I tire of it quickly and sometimes to the point I have to say something (as many others have as well).

And Stephen... as for you "helping" me... all you did was make a vain attempt at something almost non-related and tell me "it had to have been compiled in 68k", then go behind my back and tell someone else I was "beating a dead horse". A dead horse which I not only breathed life into but worked it into one of the most extensive systems ever written for OS9, and did it all in OS9 using the standard C compiler... and without your help!
No need for you to even reply as I will not see it :-)

Sorry if anyone dislikes this post but I've had about enough of Stephen's "They messed up my OS9" attitude. No one touched his disks but him and if his 1989 OS9 is messed up, then he messed it up. He can get every bit of it back from the RTSI archives... (as he has been reminded many times) it's all still there, all of the KD patches including Stephen's preferred buggy version of "Shellplus 2.1". If he doesn't like NitrOS9, then quit trying to use it. There are certain aspects of NitrOS9 I do not care for, so I change them from the source, compile my own repo, and use my own version that fits my needs.

Rant Done.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/