[Coco] VCC on Mac

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Jun 13 13:09:39 EDT 2016

Tormod, you are right.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com>
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Mon, Jun 13, 2016 12:30 pm
Subject: Re: [Coco] VCC on Mac

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 5:34 PM, John W. Linville wrote:> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:18:32AM -0400, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:>>> After all this is done, there are plans to convert the code>> to another format (away from C/C++) that's easier to compile as>> cross-platform.>> I can't help but cringe when I read something like this.  Very few> languages deliver on cross-platform promises. Yet despites the> supposed shortcomings of C/C++ in this regard, the multi-platform> reach of programs written in C and C++ is vast and proven by history.>> Might I inquire as to what is the plan here?  Does it really justify> the cost of a rewrite?I think that was a typo and he meant away from DirectX and over to Qt,from what I can judge from Gary's repository :)Tormod-- Coco mailing listCoco at maltedmedia.comhttps://pairlist5.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/coco