[Coco] Fwd: IP packets on my coco

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Thu Jun 9 22:55:52 EDT 2016

I might be a little worried about using a chip that has these kinds of
problems.  The interrupts may appear to work for awhile but they will
eventually fail?  What's up with that?  Sounds like they made lots of
addendums/notations after the fact.  It reminds me of a cheesy UART chip
that we used back in the early 90s (I won't mention the manufacturer or
which chip it was).  It was advertised to support a 9-bit address
wake-up mode that would have been useful for multi-drop RS485
applications.  The 9-bit mode never worked the way it was supposed to
and we had to come up with a less than ideal firmware fix because we had
already committed to a board design with the chip.  The guy I was
working with couldn't stop muttering curses under his breath toward the
company.

Dave