[Coco] Fwd: IP packets on my coco

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Jun 9 11:27:45 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 02:11:12AM -0400, Barry Nelson wrote:
> It looks to me like the RTL8019AS also has built in auto CRC
> generation hardware, and so to me with that and the IRQ support,
> that would make it the clear choice.

Check the CS8900A datasheet as well -- both chips are comparable
(including interrupts and CRC generation).  They both were designed
for ISA-era NICs for PCs, FWIW.

The choice really comes down to a) price and b) example code.
The price is close enough in hobbyist terms to make it a toss-up,
and the availability of example code is probably similar as well.

John