[Coco] Fwd: IP packets on my coco

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Thu Jun 9 02:11:12 EDT 2016

It looks to me like the RTL8019AS also has built in auto CRC generation hardware, and so to me with that and the IRQ support, that would make it the clear choice.

http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/8019asds.pdf
The NIC CRC logic comprises a CRC generator for transmitter and a CRC checker for receiver. This bit controls the activity of the CRC logic. If this bit set, CRC is inhibited by transmitter. Otherwise CRC is appended by transmitter.

Conditions

CRC Logic Activities

CRC Bit

Mode

CRC Generator

CRC Checker

0

normal

enabled

enabled

1

normal

disabled

enabled

0

loopback

enabled

disabled

1

loopback

disabled

enabled

Quoted from the book:
Networking and Internetworking with Microcontrollers
page 298

Once all bytes are sent, the CRC is calculated by both the CS8900A-CQ and RTL8019AS and is sent to complete the packet.