[Coco] Fwd: IP packets on my coco

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Wed Jun 8 01:27:51 EDT 2016

I remember from the CRC calculation in X/Ymodem that there is an easy
and faster way to get the CRC using lookup tables.  That's how I did it
with Supercomm.  I believe the CRC for the networking packets is a
32-bit CRC so I don't know if lookup tables are still practical or not
with that size CRC.  What is amazing is that I was able to find that
information without the internet back then.  I just now did a few
cursory searches on calculating CRCs and I'm guessing that there is a
fairly easy method that doesn't require so much overhead.

Dave