[Coco] Using MAME to run DECB file automagically?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 6 08:41:42 EDT 2016

On 5/06/2016 6:56 PM, Andrew wrote:

> I want to do the following, and I am hoping maybe someone here has
> already done it (otherwise, I will look into inventing the wheel
> myself).

I'll chime in here too...

I use Ultraedit and AS6809 with a makefile to assemble and produce a
DECB binary, ROM cartridge image (if applicable) and .DSK image
containing aforementioned binary.

For ROM images it's enough to invoke MESS with the -cart option and it's
running immediately.

If I need to run/test a DECB binary from floppy disk image, I simply
invoke MESS with the -flop1 option and on that .DSK image I have a BASIC
loader that means all I need to type is RUN"KL for example.

A build/test cycle is typically a few keystrokes (primarily up-arrow)
and a few seconds.

Regards,