[Coco] fpga coco3 sdcard os9 boot

tim franklinlabs.com tim at franklinlabs.com
Wed Jun 1 19:25:51 EDT 2016

   Camillus,
   From my time spent over the last week trying to get this to work, it's
   not ready for prime time yet. Several files needed are
   not (as of today) posted. I will e-mail you the files if you want and
   if Brett or Gary give me the permission too. I'm sure they
   will. But, they are not 100% working. You still have to be connected to
   Drivewire for it to work. At least with the files I got
   from Brett. I saw Gary completely disconnected from DW at the fest but
   he hasn't released it yet.
   As for the step-by-step instructions, I'll give it a go...
   These instuctions assume you have general knowlege of programming the
   DE-1 FPGA. Many details were left out. If you need
   further help, read the quartus manuals.
   Step 1     Install the CoCoFPGA core CoCoFPGA.POF onto the DE-1 program
   flash (not the 4M flash). (Need to send this file)
       Note: The version of the POF is unknown as this file was sent to me
   by Brett.
       a. Put the DE-1 in write mode (switch on unit)
       b. Use the Quartus II programmer to "burn" the firmware to the FPGA
   system.
       c. Put DE-1 back into write-protect mode (switch on unit)
   Step 2    Install Brett's ROM image at location &H31000 in the DE-1
   Flash.
       Bretts code acts like a ROM pack and is located in one of the
   virtual MPI slots of the DE-1
       a. Install the DE-1 Control Panel (DE1_USB_API.sof) using the
   Quartus II Programmer
       b. Run DE-1 Control Panel application DE1_Control_Panel.exe
       c. Erase the FLASH.
       d. Burn file _DE1_FLASH.BIN to the flash at offset $00000
   (Important: file length switch ON)
       e. Burn file _ROM.BIN to the flash at offset $3fc000 (Important:
   file length switch ON)
   Step 3    Burn the SD Card image to the SD card at offset $000000.
       Note: This step, you are on your own. I did this using some custom
   software I wrote for my company a few years back.
   Step 4    Connect Drivewire with some dummy disk file installed. It
   doesn't matter which format.
   Step 5    Enjoy.

   If you want me to send you the files, I will after I get the OK from
   Brett or Gary.

   -Tim