[Coco] Project Sneak Peek

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 20 03:39:14 EDT 2016

On 20/07/2016 2:30 PM, Darren A wrote:

> Sound generating hardware/software is not my area of expertise.  I just
> adapted the arduino code referenced below so it could play samples from
> files on an SD card instead of from the MCU flash memory:
>
> <http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/PCMAudio>
>
> The SND input on the CoCo cartridge port is not mixed with output from the
> 6-bit DAC, but can be mixed with the single-bit sound output.
>

> - Darren

I'm not familiar with the microcontroller and don't know about PWM sound.

All I know is that the CoCo has been devoid of any sort of sound
hardware like most of the other systems of the time. This new CoCoSDC-2
could fix that and create a new sound "standard" that every customer who
purchased it would have without the need for a multipak.

My 2 cents worth but people have different opinions and whatever
happens, happens.

Nick