[Coco] Project Sneak Peek

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 00:30:56 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Nick Marentes wrote:

> On 20/07/2016 6:43 AM, Zippster wrote:
>
>> With the addition of an analog low-pass filter, yes.
>>
>> Otherwise they are square waves.
>>
>> - Ed
>>

> I assume that the PWM functionality is built into the microcontroller for
> the ability to control things like stepper motors
>
> Sounds cool but I wonder how many CoCo enthusiasts would actually do this.
>
> Is there an option in the controller to vary the amplitude of the PWM or
> better still, a DAC to dump data from the RAM to the sound output for
> enhanced game sounds?
>
> I also assume that any PWM sound will not be mixed with the CoCo's 6-bit
> sound.
>
> (So many questions.)    :)

Sound generating hardware/software is not my area of expertise.  I just
adapted the arduino code referenced below so it could play samples from
files on an SD card instead of from the MCU flash memory:

<http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/PCMAudio>

The SND input on the CoCo cartridge port is not mixed with output from the
6-bit DAC, but can be mixed with the single-bit sound output.

- Darren