[Coco] Desired RESET behavior

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Jan 27 13:58:14 EST 2016

On 1/27/2016 4:08 AM, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 27/01/2016 2:56 PM, RETRO Innovations wrote:
>
>>   * A subsequent idea was to simply ignore resets
>>       o To get back to the main menu, you power cycle.  I'll be honest,
>>         I am not wild about this idea.
>
> I've pondered this question for my own flash cart and this is the
> solution I settled on. I really don't think it's that big a deal and
> not worth complicating the design for.
>
> Regards,

Thanks for the vote.

Are there any docs on your design?  I want to make sure I am compatible
with other designs.

I should probably start with info on mine, since it's been incubating
since early 2015:

  * 8MB FLASH
  * Bank register (4kB granularity over entire FLASH space)
  * 2 user defined switches
  * 1 user defined LED
  * partial compatibility with Cloud 9 flash cart ($ff59 bank register)
  * 32kB cart compatibility
  * Ability to "move" flash register addresses from $ff5x to other
    locations in $ff40-$ff7f space)

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com