[Coco] Latest Release of the VCC Color Computer 3 Emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Jan 10 08:52:34 EST 2016

Camillus wrote:
> Thanks for asking Robert.
>
> But in the mean time I managed to get OS9 running. I just did what I was suppose to do RTFM.
>
> The only thing is that it is a bit confusing to me, that is, that one have to go trough cartridge to load the MPI, FloppyDrive and beckerport. At first I did not understand it but after playing a bit and read the read-me again, I think I have it.
>
> My setup is a laptop with windows 10 home 64 bit and the latest VCC with DW4 4.3.3o (06/21/2013).
>
> VCCEmuDisk.vhd (NitOS-9 LV2 V3.3.0)   as drive 0 on dw4
>
> vcc mpi slot 4 = FD*502 26-3133
> vcc mpi slot 3 = HDBDOS/DW/Bcker 00-0000
> vcc mpi slot 2 = Hard Drive + Cloud9 RTC
> vcc mpi slot 1 = Empty
> slot select 4
>
> external rom Image = rgbdos.rom ( only this one works, no cursor in coco emulator with other images ).
>
> Other settings untouched
> ====================
>
> If I do something wrong then I would like some step by step info.
>
> cb

Camillus,

Your setup as described above should not give you access to Drivewire and I
don't see how you could access any programs much less boot into NitrOS-9 on
Drivewire. You also don't have any floppies or a .vhd mounted on VCC.

RGBDOS should be used with VCC if you want to mount a .vhd image directly in VCC
or use floppies on VCC. With this ROM, and it is Not selected as an "External
ROM Image", you will have access to 256, single sided, 35-track, Basic Disks on
the .vhd. You can boot into NitrOS-9 on the .vhd via a boot disk that is one of
the 256 on the .vhd.

If you want access to disks on Drivewire, you must tell VCC to use an "External
ROM Image" and that image should be one of two, hdbdw3bc3.rom or hdbdw3bc3
w-offset 5A000.rom. If you intend to boot NitrOS-9 from the .vhd mounted in
Drivewire, you want the one with the $5A000 offset.
The most recent VCC package also contains the hdbdw3bck.rom which says it is for
a Coco2. I don't know why that is in the package as VCC does not emulate a Coco2.

Once VCC is set correctly, the settings will be remembered. You don't need to
repeat the settings each time you start VCC.

Robert