[Coco] SSC Pak + Interbank Incident + Drivewire How to ???

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Tue Jan 5 13:43:26 EST 2016

I have known good images of this game that boot using the original OS9 level 1 version 2, so I can confirm that the original disks work on a CoCo 3 with an unmodified speech and sound cartridge. Some things to consider are:
1) The original speech and sound device descriptor and driver were named /SSC and /SSCPAK, respectively. The game may be trying to access a device named /SSC which is not present. You could try either using the driver at http://star2.abcm.com/download/speech or editing the module name of /SSP to be /SSC using a program like ded.
2) The driver on the link above may solve other issues as it is nearly identical to the original driver except for code which should slow the speech pak down to 1Mhz when it is operating.

I have not tried this with Drivewire yet, so I do not know if this will help. I can tell you that at least one other game, Cave Walker, does not run correctly under NitrOS9 level 2 but runs under OS9 Level 2 fine. I have not tested Cave Walker with NitrOS9 level 1 yet, so I don't really know how much or if this is related.