[Coco] SSC Pak + Interbank Incident + Drivewire How to ???

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Jan 5 11:23:28 EST 2016

There has been a thread recently about getting an unmodified Speech Sound
cartridge to work with NitrOS-9. This may seem similar but is not related. I'm
trying to get the Level I, V2.00 game "Interbank Incident" to work with ANY
version of NitrOS-9 or Level I, V2.00 with Drivewire. So far, there is always a
load background buzz as soon as the game is told there is an SSC pak installed.

This SSC pak is modified to work at either 1 or 2 MHz. It will work from a Coco3
when booting NitrOS-9 from Drivewire as long as the sspak.dr and ssp.dd are
loaded. Speech is clean with NitrOS-9 but this is not via the game.
The game can be installed on a Coco3 with either a hard drive system or a Roger
Taylor SDPak system. The sound and speech from the pak within the game are clean
when booting with Level I, V2.

So, clearly the SSC pak will work with Drivewire using the NitrOS-9 driver. That
means there is nothing wrong with the SSC pak, Drivewire, or NitrOS-9 themselves.
Any suggestions for further tests and/or getting the game to work on a Coco3 and
SSC pak via Drivewire?

Robert