[Coco] Gotek floppy emulator

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:19:54 EST 2016

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016, Gene Heskett wrote:

> The bare DD drive, attached to the coco with a cable adapter CAN do this,
> IF you can make the format command work. But format even in the
> nitros9-v3.3.0 release, has been a 100% crash and burn for me for
> several years.  So my mb scripts have been re-written to clean up an
> already formatted DD disk before os9gen is invoked.  This includes
> making a directory entry for track 34, and deleting it to clear the FAT,
> thereby allowing os9gen to rewrite track 34, otherwise it silently fails
> to do so.

That's really odd behavior.  I'm running version 3.2,9 and format works
fine.  My current gremlin is a complete inability to write anything to a
Drivewire volume.  Most of the time a directory entry is created, but copy
dies with an Error #245 leaving a zero-length file that I'm unable to
delete (also Error 245).