[Coco] Hxc floppy emulator with Coco2

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 13:52:15 EST 2016

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016, didier derny wrote:

> Any experience with the HxC floppy emulator connected to a coco 2 ?
> I wanted to try the HxC with the coco but no success
>
> all commands leads to  "? IO ERROR"
>
> is its clear (according to the HxC LCD display that the coco controls at
> least partly the HxC)

There are a handful of low-level controls for the HxC that you can access
either through swapping init files on the media or through the Windows
utility (HxCFloppyEmulator).

Where did you get the emulation image you've been trying?  If it was
created from the utility, make sure you have the sector size and geometry
correct.

Disclaimer:  I have one of the little Gotek $18 emulators running HxC
firmware.  While I've never used it with the Coco, I have spent
considerable time working with other older systems with mixed success.

Jeff (developer) is reasonably helpful if you can get his attention on the
HxC forum.