[Coco] Coco 3 Memory Map Questions

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Thu Feb 11 10:54:41 EST 2016

On 2016-02-11 06:04, Robert Gault wrote:
> Why bother doing these tests on real hardware? You should be able to do
> it with an emulator such as MESS much more easily. Change the ROM
> content with a PC editor file and start emulation even though the
> emulator might complain about a "bad" ROM.
>
> Robert

This makes the assumption that the emulators got it right, which is
assuming facts not in evidence. Given the near total lack of
documentation on this front, there is a good chance that emulators have
gotten this particular bit wrong.

For instance, mess had it wrong up to a year or two ago. I can't
remember if it was using hard coded vectors of just defaulting to BFFx
because that's how the coco1/2 worked. I think it was the latter. I
suspect most other emulators use one of those two strategies, too,
though I haven't tested it.