[Coco] CoCo Flash

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sat Feb 6 18:04:38 EST 2016

 It can indeed be flashed from the CoCo, I have a BASIC program that calls machine language subroutines that performs the flashing. It can flash up to16k at a time which only takes a few seconds. Flashing a 32k rom requires flashing two 16k blocks. The menu is written in BASIC and stored in bank 0 of the rom along with a small machine language loader that loads and auto starts the BASIC program. I have written utilities that store the BASIC program in a machine code file that can then be flashed into the rom. The current version of the device does not do ram, but it could contain a ram disk image, which it could load into ram, and even re-flash it back into rom to save the changes. I will probably be working on the software to do this though I have other features to finish first. I will make all the source code to all the software available so it can be improved and modified. I will probably publish it on a github page at some point.