[Coco] DECB Editor

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Dec 9 21:43:04 EST 2016

Still another alternative, if you don't mind my tooting my own horn just a
bit...

I very much liked the Basic program editing capabilities that are built
into ADOS-3/Extended ADOS-3.  You get a kind of hybrid between Basic's line
editor and a screen editor.

With the up and down arrow keys, you can move up or down line by line
within the Basic program that is in memory.  When you hit a line you want
to edit, you hit the right arrow key, which puts you into Basic's edit mode
for that line.  Extended ADOS-3 adds key repeat, so you can go right or
left by holding down the spacebar or backspace keys, and when you get to
the desired edit point, you hit I to insert, D to delete, etc, as in the
normal Basic Edit command.  (You can just use ADOS-3 with the stand-alone
key repeat routine that is on the Ext. ADOS-3 disk;  the full Extended
ADOS-3 isn't needed.)

You can also edit the last direct mode command, to either correct it or
repeat the command unchanged.  It all works very nicely and provides very
fast editing once you get used to it, without the necessity of having to
leave the Basic environment to do your editing.

Art

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Stephen H. Fischer <SFischer1 at mindspring.com