[Coco] Fuzix: Now on CoCo2

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 20:38:54 EST 2016

It gets mushy on who's who, but Alan was on tare to see fuzix on A plain
coco2, and has done most of the work on the coco2 port.  He is using a 16k
cart to bank in kernel over the userspace, much like Tormod's dragon-nx
port does with RAM.

So you get one 32k user process, and one 64k kernel.  Tormod's 512k ram
board gives you a 64k kernel and 15 user processes.  Not to worry though,
from the repo it looks like he has swapping working.

Looks like he's leaning toward MBR to partition drives.  I'll probably be
switching coco3 fuzix and yados to match.  This should help the fpga effort
too..as everybody (linux, win, apple, fuzix) has the 'fdisk' to mod there
drives.

Who's going to do MBR in nitros?  Boisy's superdriver is the logical place
for this no - I think he layed the ground work for real partitioning.
There would need to be a 'fdisk' made, and some kernel code to read the mbr
and apply it to disk accesses.  Then os9 wouldnt be a nazi about the disk.