[Coco] ROM Options for Glenside IDE, and a 3D-Printed Case

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Aug 22 22:29:04 EDT 2016

Mark, "hdbcha" would be the proper rom if you want to use the "head/cylinder/sector" method, but is only good up to about 2 gig drives. To use larger drives, you would want "hdblba", which allows use of most IDE drives as well as larger sizes.
The HDBDOS manual on Cloud9's support page is (for the most part) the best source for the hdbdos info. It's what I used to set mine up. The manual is meant more for the SuperIDE controller (who's manual is also helpful), but the info is valid for the Glenside unit.
I was using mine for NitrOS9, so I never setup HDBDOS for the ide, Insted, I opted for hdbdos for drivewire instead. I use an old FD-501 controller with a 28 pin rom for hdbdos. I have no drives connected anymore (they all went south), but keep the controller plugged in for the rom. I wanted to eventually get a rom burned for the ide, but never did. The controller works fine plugged into the Glenside unit and both work as well in an MPI, though you have to change the jumper settings for the MPI.

Nice case BTW... I'm jealous :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/