[Coco] Programming in BASIC YouTube series

Fri Apr 29 13:48:02 EDT 2016

The name "URBANE" was chosen to NOT imply a MODERN language. It is basely only DECB programs that are preprocessed to be interpreted by unchanged DECB. Bummer still, but more human friendly.

NOTHING about a high level language applies.

There is a project being looked at by Earl Casper to change DECB's language, but that has no timetable.

I was astonished by how much more user friendly "URBANE" is just by removing the line number requirement and the two character limitation for variables.

I went on to add other things to allow better programming practices.

Look first at http://cococoding.com/sfischer/Urbane/Urbane%20Doc%20full%20set/ubn_out.htm

That is pure DECB which is a run-able version of http://cococoding.com/sfischer/Urbane/Urbane%20Doc%20full%20set/ubn_in.htm

Look at the discussion on http://www.tandycoco.com/coco-forum/basic-ly-speaking for answers to your question and many more.

SHF