[Coco] Disto Super Controller

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Wed Apr 27 12:05:25 EDT 2016

>> "Internal Mini-Expansion Bus" and the Disto Controller referenced is
>> not the no-halt controller that I have (Had until it was killed) with
>> the SCSI Hard Disk controller.
>>
>> It has no WD 1773 in it.
>
> Are you referring to the link you posted, or the one I did? On page 1
> in the manual I posted, it clearly states: 'The DISTO Super Controller
> employs the latest state-of-the-art technology for floppy disk
> controllers, the Western Digital WD1773.'
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

To the best of my information: CRC/Disto made 3 versions of floppy disk
controllers.  The Super Controller, the No-Halt Super Controller 2 of
which I have one sample of each and the Mini-Controller, of which I have
not seen yet.

I also have the RAM Disk/memory expansion pack, normally released with
512k of memory, however mine was upgraded by piggy-backing half of the
memory chips for 768k.  It is clear that another 256k could be
piggy-backed on the other memory chips for a whopping 1 meg of memory
usable as a RAM disk.  All three of these have the Mini-Expansion-Buss.
I also have the SASI adapter and the EPROM programmer that plug into the
MEB as well as the 1 meg CoCo 3 upgrade.