[Coco] Disto Super Controller

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 08:46:13 EDT 2016

On 4/26/2016 11:59 PM, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> "Internal Mini-Expansion Bus" and the Disto Controller referenced is not the no-halt controller that I have (Had until it was killed) with the SCSI Hard Disk controller.
>
> It has no WD 1773 in it.

Are you referring to the link you posted, or the one I did? On page 1 in
the manual I posted, it clearly states: 'The DISTO Super Controller
employs the latest state-of-the-art technology for floppy disk
controllers, the Western Digital WD1773.'

According to the documentation I have, which is the manuals for the SC
and SCII, these add-on boards MIGHT work on either controller.

The MPROM burner is supposed to work with 2764 and 27128 EPROMS.

The DISPLAY80 card is a 3 in 1 card: adds an 80 character monitor
driver, and include the RTIME (real-time clock) and PPRINT (Centronics
compatible parallel printer adapter).

I have a floppy with the EPROM software that I'll be testing for data
integrity this week. I have NO SOFTWARE for the DISPLAY80 card.

Regardless of any of the previous discussion, I have posted pictures of
the two devices in the community section at tandycoco.com
<http://tandycoco.com/community>.

Brian