[Coco] Learning assembly for the Color Computer

Salvador Garcia ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net
Thu Apr 14 11:57:22 EDT 2016

I am following the thread discussing assembly language programming within the RS-DOS environment. What can I do, where can I go and what can I read, to learn assembly programming for RS-DOS? The other discussion brings various tools into the mix, such as lw tools. I kind of begin to see a tool chain to go from writing up the ASM source, to assembling, to implementing the code on the Color Computer, but feel I am still missing a ton. I understand the difference between programming in 6809 assembly and programming in 6809 assembly for the Color Computer. I also know there are numerous books, but unsure which one to start with. Any orientation on the above list (what todo, what to read, where to go) would be of tremendous help. Thanks! Salvador