[Coco] NitrOS-9 6309 L1 v3.3.0 Coco 1 Boots Great!

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:20:59 EDT 2016

On Wed Apr 13 2016, Kip Koon wrote:

Hi Tormod and NitrOS-9 Folks,

> I upgraded my Coco 1 F Board to a 6309 cpu last night and booted NitrOS-9
> 6309 L1 v3.3.0 Coco 1 just perfectly!  I tried a few commands like DIR,
> FREE, PWD and PXD and they all ran fine.  If you have anything in
> particular
> you wish for me to check, please let me know.  My next step is to upgrade
> my
> Coco 3!  Whoo-Hoo!  Fun times are coming!  Take care my friends.

Well, I'd like to see Dale Lear's Logo run in my 64k F-board CoCo under
NitrOS9 L1 - don't recall which version release I have but it is probably
the prior to the latest. Was in the middle of trimming down the bootfile in
order to try again as if used as it comes on the distribution, there is not
enough free memory to do anything of the like... Ithink I tried BASIC09 as
well and it didn;t work :-(

Project got set aside but I might have some time this weekend. I figured
removing stuff like pipes, all the serial terminals and unused drive
devices will free up some RAM.

My F Board has the stock 6809. Not sure by how much a change to the 6309
would impact the OS footprint in RAM.

-- RP