[Coco] Fooling around with assembly in RS-DOS environment

Rich Carreiro rlcarr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:21:16 EDT 2016

The other day I was able to unearth my copy of Barden's
CoCo Assembly book.  I'd like to start reviewing/reteaching
myself the material.

I don't have the time to learn OS/9 (never used it back
in the day, either) so I was wondering what there was in
the context of an emulated RS-DOS environment to assemble
programs.

I'm not a purist on this -- it does NOT have to be EDTASM
running on the emulated CoCo (in fact, I'd probably prefer
it wasn't, since I don't feel like dealing with 32-char line
lengths and all-caps when programming).

Are there any CoCo assemblers that can run in Windows
or Linux that can create executables that a CoCo emulator
can load and run?

Thanks!

Rich Carreiro             rlcarr at gmail.com