[Coco] supercomm

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Apr 9 12:35:09 EDT 2016

On Saturday 09 April 2016 10:27:18 Richard Hawk wrote:

> How does one use the supercomm under nitros-9 using a real coco hooked
> up to drivewire 4

I have used it many times for its intended purpose, communicating thru a
serial port, usually /t2. to another machine or to a modem.  One may be
able to use a drivewire port to relay to the drivewire host and thence
out on the net the host is connected to, but I have not actually done
that, lack of enough system ram.  But see the drivewire docs for the
howto. I believe it involves the inet module and a drivewire descriptor.

> I boot into nitros-9 and (load drivewire_mods)
>
> Then I (cd cmds)
>
> Then I type (supercomm /wildcat.dynu.com 2300) the bbs that has been
> mentioned on here the last few days
>

> The screen switches screen and comes up with supercomm version 1.07
> copyright C 1988 by Dave Philipsen
>

> I then tried supercomm /n
>
> And I come up with a the same as above then I hit enter and I come up
> with supercomm v1.07 port=n
>

> And it locks up thanks in advanced for any help on how to use
> supercomm
>

> Richard Hawk
>
> Rhawk1 at centurylink.net

Cheers, Gene Heskett