[Coco] Version 0.1.21 of CMOC C-like compiler released

Pierre Sarrazin sarrazip at sarrazip.com
Thu Apr 7 23:11:58 EDT 2016

Dixit Lee Patterson (2016-04-07 21:36):
>> http://sarrazip.com/dev/cmoc.html
>
> Sweet. So why is it only C like anyway?

The most significant difference between CMOC and a complete
C compiler is the absence of longs and floats and of the const
keyword. I have tried to list the differences in the "Unsupported
features" section of the CMOC manual:

    http://sarrazip.com/dev/cmoc-manual.html#t3

I would not present CMOC plainly as a C compiler because people might
think that they can use it to port just any C program to the CoCo,
and they would be disappointed.

CMOC is meant as a tool to create new programs using the subset
of C that makes the most sense on a 1 or 2 MHz 8-bit machine where
doing 32-bit and float arithmetic is expensive.

I call it "C-like" because it allows C programmers to reuse their
knowledge of the language.

--
Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip @ sarrazip . com>