[Coco] DS1216

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 24 04:59:06 EDT 2015

The source code from RTSI  was for different clock chips (RGB and Disto).

I couldn't disassemble the original setclk that you and I are both using.
but Bill Pierce did it and passed it along to me with notes included. Thanks
Bill.

I added a couple lines of code to make the program look at the parameter
directly.

So...

setclk 15/09/24 02:00:00

is now a valid way to set the time on the clock chip.

I hadn't though of it, but Bill mentioned in his notes in the source code
that implementing the acceptance of the date and time as a parameter might
be better done as an option..

It would certainly preserve the original integrity and intent of the
software. It would just add a much needed option. So while a quick patch
does make it do what you want, I think it's better to put some effort in to
this and retain the ability to set the time from the keyboard while adding
the ability to accept the date and time as a parameter.