[Coco] DS1216

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Thu Sep 24 02:34:50 EDT 2015

  When I'm doing what requires the system clock to be ON TIME, it is
important that it be on time. Normally, the accuracy of the system clock
in not very important, as long as it's pretty much on the same date.
  But... when the clock is required to be ON TIME, then being able to
keep that smart watch on time is important.
  It would be very simple to set that clock on a scheduled basis and I'm
looking forward to this improvement to the "setclk". As most of us
already know, a clock that loses (for example) one second every day,
then it will lose about 30 seconds every month. When I need more
accurate time keeping, being able to reset that smart watch once a day
to advance it by one second, once a day with software, is important
unless I want to do this manually, on a strict schedule. This can easily
be done several time a day, if necessary, with some match to calculate
the timing for resetting the smart watch.
  That DS1216 can also break down the time to milliseconds, providing
the software is written to do this.
  There's something to ponder!

  I like "easy"!! After all, aren't computers  supposed to make life
easier? Let them do the work!
  I'm looking forward to an improved "setclk" which will be easy to
adjust and keep on time.

  Of course, this will only be effective while the computer is on.
Naturally, if it is off then the smartwatch will do it's thing until
acted upon.

George R.