[Coco] Kip's Single Board Computer

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Sep 19 02:23:01 EDT 2015

I do but I'm not sure they would necessarily be of interest to you:

A rather large board has 64 digital outputs that drive 24vdc loads. It
has an opto-isolated UART that receives RS422 data to control the
outputs.  There are terminal blocks so that 24v solenoids may be wired
directly to the board.  Parallel with the terminal blocks are to DB37
connectors which basically carry the same signals.

An NTSC video overlay controller that also receives RS422 data and can
overlay text characters on a standard composite NTSC video signal.
Additionally there are some opto-isolated digital inputs and an RS232
port that originally controlled a pan-tilt video camera.  There is at
least one digital output that was used to modulate an IR LED to simulate
an IR remote control for a video printer.  A dual-port RAM facilitates
communication between the PC's ISA bus and the 68HC11 card.

An ISA bus 'transmitter' card that transmits DMX-512 (theatrical
lighting control) and the RS422 data that controls the cards above. Also
included some digital inputs and outputs.  The card also has a dual
digital potentiometer (Dallas Semi).  There is a video sync separator
circuit on the board that allows the vertical sync from an NTSC video
source to trigger interrupts on the 68HC11.

There are some other boards that also used the HC11 card but these are
the most prominent ones.  The descriptions above are rough descriptions
and at least one component (for the NTSC video overlay) is almost
certainly no longer available.

Dave Philipsen