[Coco] more that one shell from an external terminal(update)

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Fri Sep 18 01:48:44 EDT 2015

  Maybe I should make this a bit more clear(my mistake. DOH!)

  This is not Linux. It's Microware's OS9 LII on a 512k Coco 3.
  My wish is to use an external computer(This PC) as a terminal
connected to an RS232 port on the said Color Computer 3.

  I would like to be able to switch from one shell to another while
online with that CC3, leaving the previous Shell running. If I switch
back to that Shell, it will still be doing what it was doing when I
switched to another Shell, just like it can be done from the Coco's console.

  This way, I can do much the same thing as using windows on that
Coco(IE..switch from one window to another).
   I figure if OS9 can do this from the built in /term, it would be
doable from a com port also. The issue I have is, I don't know how to
accomplish this.
  On this list, are gurus that might have an idea on how this can be
done. I don't!
  Wish I did!!
  I'm sure this can be done but...HUH? How can this be done?
  I already know that graphics can't be done on a terminal without
software on the coco to accomplish this.

  So, I'm looking for some suggestions on how this might be done.

  Thanks for any ideas based upon the above issue only.

George R.