[Coco] OT - Kid gets arrested for building a clock

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Thu Sep 17 15:02:31 EDT 2015

 That would have probably resulted in being met by the ATF and FBI at the front of the school, and the child being accused of making "bomb threat" since he in that case would have specifically stated that it was something that  "some people might think is a bomb". A good lawyer could probably get a conviction too.

 No one should have thought that this was a bomb, the occasional capacitor aside, electronics by themselves do not explode. There were no explosives in that case, nor was there anything resembling explosives. Police should have recognized this immediately, even the teacher should reasonably know this. I would expect any non mentally impaired person in their right mind to realize that no matter how "strange" a circuit looks, circuits do not explode without explosives. Only a person who suffers from severe clinical paranoia would argue otherwise. Additionally, I have not hear that the student made any claim about his device other than that is was a clock. There is no evidence I am aware of that he attempted to threaten anyone with the device. In fact, before the incident occurred, he had already told one teacher that it was a clock and that he had brought it to school to show as a project. I do however have a few questions…

 Why did the device begin beeping in the english teachers class? Why and how was the device powered at that time? An alarm must have been set, as the builder the student should have been aware of this and that it would cause a disruption in the class.