[Coco] OT - Kid gets arrested for building a clock

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 13:07:22 EDT 2015

I understand what you are saying, Bill. However, it is not always a
middle-eastern descent student that causes the problems. The Columbine
affair was perpetrated by two white boys. While that was guns, not bombs,
the issue is the same. Any child, regardless of his/her ethnicity will be
subject to the same type of adversity when bringing things like this to
school unannounced. I am not saying that the racial aspect is not there. I
am saying it can be more clearly seen and identified as such if all other
motives are removed. Advance notice removes all other reasons/excuses.
There is also the idea that advance notice could result in "no, we don't
think it is a good idea" as the resulting answer. If paranoia runs that
deep, we may never get out of the rut we find ourselves in today.