[Coco] OT - Kid gets arrested for building a clock

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Thu Sep 17 12:51:17 EDT 2015

I don't think I agree with the "reasonable advanced notice" thing. It's a
school. Kids bring things to school. I myself have two out of three school
age daughters and when they soldered electronic blinking light pins for
themselves the first time, they brought it into school to show the teacher
and their friends what they made. This is more a combination of where the
kid lived, racism, technophobia, etc., than any highlighting of a realistic
need for a "solution." I don't think something like this would have
necessarily happened in most other school systems and particularly if the
kid wasn't who he was. In other words, "reasonable advanced notice"
side-steps the actual, likely fairly specific, issue.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and