[Coco] OT - Kid gets arrested for building a clock

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 16 19:55:34 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark McDougall" <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] OT - Kid gets arrested for building a clock

> On 17/09/2015 8:45 AM, Michael Graham wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't even call that a homemade clock.  Scroll down to the picture,
>> and it looks like it's literally a factory-made alarm clock taken out of
>> it's original case stuffed inside a new one.  Okay, it does look like he
>> cut and spliced the power cord and maybe wired in a different
>> transformer, but that and the case are the only 'homemade' things I
>> notice about it.
>
> It's lucky he didn't make a smart watch, or he would also be facing a
> lawsuit from Apple! ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> |    Mark McDougall    |  Error: witty remark not found!
> | <http://pacedev.net> |

He'll probably get invited to visit Apple. He already has an invitation to
visit Google according to the updated story at the original link.

Due to social media the kid caught everybody's attention all the way up to
the president. Apologies have been issued and any pending charges have been
dropped. He is going to get to meet with NASA scientists now.

The kid was arrested in a NASA t-shirt. How clueless are the adults in this
town?