[Coco] OT - Kid gets arrested for building a clock

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Wed Sep 16 13:05:21 EDT 2015

On 9/16/2015 10:36 AM, K. Pruitt wrote:
> So we have kid here who is a budding electronics wizard. He builds a
> homemade clock, takes it to school and get arrested.
>
> http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/northwest-dallas-county/headlines/20150915-irving-ninth-grader-arrested-after-taking-homemade-clock-to-school.ece

  Times have changed. When I was in grade school, one day I took my
rifle to school to show it off. It was a cut down single shot .22 rifle
that was cut down to fit a small person,  such as my older brother. When
he outgrew it, I got it.
  No one at school thought anything wrong with this. However, when I got
home and Dad found out. He told me that it was probably  not a good idea
to do this. He suggested I don't repeat this activity.
  He was pretty good at seeing the future of this country. Even what we
see now, a little more than fifty years later.
  I suppose I should get the updated clock driver for OS9, because
someone might figure the old clock module might bring aircraft down or
shut down our power company. For sure, I should keep quiet about it
insisting this is 1915.

George R.