[Coco] Run of RGB2VGA boards

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Tue Sep 15 16:10:26 EDT 2015

On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 07:28:47 -0500
Zippster <zippster278 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess the only concern would be that you’d be connecting
> a couple of things to ground that shouldn’t be.
>
> One would be the VSYNC input on one of the FPGA pins, that one
> wouldn’t hurt anything.  You’d also be grounding the VSYNC output
> from the CoCo3. I’d have to review the schematic to guess what the
> outcome of that might be.
>
> - Ed
>

> > On Sep 14, 2015, at 11:13 PM, Richard E. Crislip
> > <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 16:57:03 -0500
> > Zippster <zippster278 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, you should be ready to go.  Just connect the ribbon cable like
> >> this…
> >>
> >> <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1sgl615FlGnSEF0SW5YTDdPcFk
> >> <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1sgl615FlGnSEF0SW5YTDdPcFk>>
> >>
> >> Then connect to a VGA monitor and USB (for power).
> > <snip>
> >
> > Ahhhh what happens if you do one end back words? Just asking, I
> > didn't do that... for once.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > --

Thanks, as I said, I did not do that, but I was concerned when I was
hooking things up, but went with what seemed natural given the ninety
degree bends and the layout of the board and the CoCo. The CoCo has a
blank filled in pin position to prevent that and the CoCo monitor
interface cable has a matching blank to make it more difficult to make
that mistake.