[Coco] Reading CoCo Disks

Johann Klasek johann+coco at klasek.at
Mon Sep 14 16:13:00 EDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 01:23:23PM -0400, Michael Brant wrote:
> I have a floppy drive and a controller on my mobo already.

Maybe you want to look into my efforts to read OS-9 Level I disks (with
single-density/FM sectors) on PC hardware (with the proper floppy disk
controller, see http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img54306/pcfdc.txt)
using a Linux Live CD distro named Knoppix (probably any other fits as
well).
A FDC which is capable of single-density/FM is a Adaptec AHA-1542CF (ISA
card!) - pretty old, I know.

The os9read tool has already some Coco formats (I never tried them so far).

http://jk.kom.tuwien.ac.at/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?OS-9DiskRead

Johann

--
The dragon on my side: http://klasek.at/hc/dragon/