[Coco] Run of RGB2VGA boards

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sat Sep 12 11:06:43 EDT 2015

The official Tandy service manual says (which I just looked at) says…

PIA IC4
FF22
BIT 3 = RGB Monitor sensing input   CSS

But if the CM8 dis not ground the pin or otherwise apply a signal to it, and BASIC sets the pin as an output then it sounds like something that the engineers added to the hardware but was never used in software. Interesting… It also doesn't sound like much of anything can support it if BASIC sets it as an output. I don't remember seeing any code in OS9 drivers that read that pin either.