[Coco] 6809 FPGA

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Fri Sep 11 00:37:56 EDT 2015

On 9/10/2015 11:28 PM, Bill Nobel wrote:
> Thx Dave,  I have some AS7C256 32K rams I am going to try (it’s what I got in the part bin, for next size down)

According to what I see that chip probably won't work either as it is
5v.  The AS7C_3_256 would work (3.3v version).

>> On 9/10/2015 10:12 PM, Bill Nobel wrote:
>>> Hey all,  I (as some of you know) have been trying to get Grant Searles project running on a DE0 Nano.  I have made some good advancements (Many, many thanks greatly to Roger Taylor and Dave Philipsen)
>> Yep, that's a 5v SRAM.  And my guess is you need a 3.3v SRAM.  I am not positive on what the DE0 does for I/O but if it's like the DE1 then it's 3.3v.
>>

>>> Also, I do think something is wrong in the ROM code, it does compile, but I see in the reports, that there is a rollover in the intel HEX code and I don’t see any LU’s allocated for it in the compile reports.  I get a total of 44 warnings (most are for pin assignments I have not assigned yet).
>> Not sure what you mean by rollover.
>>
> I see in the reports for all the roms, the hex code isn’t properly sized, yet the font rom seem to work, as I get the flashing cursor.

Well, if that's the case you need to fix it but I don't have Quartus in
front of me now.  There is a section for configuring the memory blocks.
You mentioned 'all the roms' but other than the font ROM there is only
one other ROM for BASIC right?

>>> I also see a discrepancy on the pin planner versus the assignment editor, The pins are duplicated in the assignment editor, one set stating my location assignments, the other just stating location.  Is this normal?
>> You could have some pins duplicated in the assignment editor if one line assigns the signal to a pin and another line defines something else about the pin like whether it has a weak pull-up resistor attached to it for example.
>>
> Should I do the assignments from the pin planner, or the assignment editor?

I think pin planner is the best place to do that and then if you have to
set any special parameters you can do that in the assignment editor.

> Bill Nobel

Dave

---