[Coco] NitrOS9 booting sequence

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Sep 1 17:10:50 EDT 2015

Ok, so as everyone has probably figured out I am trying to make some
modifications to the REL, Boot, and Krn modules in order to get the
CoCo3 FPGA booting directly from the SD card without help from DW.  I'm
also trying to accomplish this with native tools under NitrOS9 instead
of using the Toolshed and Lwtools packages. So, today I was able to
create a boottrack file and svdgen a disk.  When I try to boot it the
screen shows all of the modules loaded through Clock2 and then at the
end it prints  "i2xo*X" just before the boot fails.  I'm guessing that
something is still missing on the boot disk.  I have an OS9Boot file, a
sysgo file, and a CMDS directory with just "shell" in it.  What am I
missing in order to complete the boot?

Dave Philipsen